No Croutons Required - Vegetable Soups

The winner for December's festive photo challenge is Wendy of A Wee Bit of Cooking who submitted this gorgeous image of frost laden berries. Congratulations Wendy!

I will be hosting this month's edition of No Croutons Required. Even the most moderate among us tend to overindulge at Christmas time. Sweets are abundant, as are decadent savory delights. Accordingly, January is a time of cleansing, so this month we are asking for nourishing veggie soups. Any vegetarian soup creation is welcome, but the focus should be on vegetable concoctions. For a recap of the submission guidelines, please go here.

7 comments:

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Have a safe, happy and healthy New year Lisa. I know it will be a tasty one!!!

Usha said...

Lisa, Happy New Year, have a wonderful 2009 :-)

sunita said...

Happy new year , dear Lisa :-)

Johanna GGG said...

congratulations to wendy on such a gorgeous pic - will look forward to soups full of vegetables as just lying on the couch tonight feeling I need more vegetables in my life :-) Happy new year lisa and all the NCR participants!

Laavanya said...

Happy New Year Lisa.

Rachel said...

That is truly a winning photo. I'm sure Wendy had frosty fingers trying to get that shot. Congratulations!

Now, off to get my soup pot!

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I just mailed you my entry ...