No Croutons Required - The winner and May's Challenge

The voting is complete and the winner of April's mushroom challenge is Suganya of Tasty Palettes who submitted this beautifully tempting Baked Portobello stuffed with cheese and tomato sauce, served over lemon and olive oil dressed greens. This is a mushroom lover's dream! Congratulations Suganya! You had some tough competition.

Holler will be hosting the next edition of No Croutons Required. As those of us in the Northern Hemisphere finally look forward to summer it's time to bring on the salad. Holler invites us to "add a cheese be it blue, crumbly, creamy, pongy, smoked, gooey or chewy. From vegetarian to vegan." Warm or cold, your entries are most desired. Your submissions are due by May 20th. For a recap of the guidelines, please go here.

6 comments:

Jacqueline Meldrum said...

I would like to try the winning entry soon! I just love mushrooms! All the entries appealed to me and I will be trying a fair few! Thanks everyone!

I hope everyone will have a go with May's challenge! I am hosting in May, but big cheers to Lisa for a great april challenge! Thanks Lisa :)

Lucy said...

Congrats to Suganya (whose recipes are always divine!).

Next theme sounds like fun!

Suganya said...

I am thrilled to have won the competition among other gorgeous entries. Thank you Lisa and Holler for organizing such a fun event. Thanks for everyone who voted for me :)

Anonymous said...

Those mushrooms look great. Interesting May theme. . . maybe I'll have to finally try making that vegan cheese!

Jacqueline Meldrum said...

The No Croutons Required challenge asking for a salad including cheese is now up and running. Let the fun begin!

Lisa, I have tagged you for a Book Meme. You have to pick up the book nearest to you as you read this! It's quite fun actually!

Thistlemoon said...

Wow, that is a winning entry! Looks amazing!