Cocoa Nut Butter No-Bake Fudge

no bake chocolate nut butter fudge

One of my favorite food bloggers is Johanna of Green Gourmet Giraffe. Recently, she posted a no bake fudge that had my mouth watering and of course I just had to try it, though I generally prefer savory treats. The addition of maple syrup, nut butter and pistachios really make this a rather almost healthy sweet. Easy to prepare and oh so addictive, this is a must try recipe for sure. My friends were most happy with this fudge and they could not stop munching on it, despite a full tummy after dinner.


Cocoa Nut Butter No-Bake FudgeCocoa Nut Butter No-Bake Fudge
Recipe by
Adapted from Green Gourmet Giraffe
Published on March 15, 2011

Simple but heavenly and guilt-free no-bake cocoa fudge with nut butter

Print this recipePrint this recipe

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup nut butter (I used almond butter)
  • 3/4 cup melted butter or coconut oil
  • 1/3 to 1/2 cup maple syrup, to taste
  • 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
  • pinch of sea salt
  • pinch of ground cinnamon
  • pinch of chili powder
  • 1/3 cup raw pistachios, crushed into pieces
Instructions:
  • In a medium bowl, mix together the nut butter and melted butter or coconut oil. Stir in the maple syrup and cocoa. Stir in the salt and spices and fold in the pistachios.

  • Line a 5 or 6 inch glass or metal pan with parchment paper and transfer the mixture, taking care to spread evenly. Freeze until the fudge is firm, cut into small squares, and store any leftovers in the freezer.

Makes 9 to 12 small fudge squares
Cocoa Nut Butter No-Bake Fudge

More chocolate treats from Lisa's Vegetarian Kitchen:
Cocoa Fruit Treats
Chocolate Cocoa Brownies with Dried Cranberries and Chickpea Flour
Cocoa Brownies with Peanut Butter Chocolate Icing
Peanut Butter Chocolate Squares

13 comments:

Priya Suresh said...

Feel like munching some..

The Food Hunter said...

Great recipe...looking forward to trying it.

Hannah said...

This looks tasty- I think I'd like to make it for some guests this week!Just for clarification- does it stay ready-to-eat in the freezer? Or, would I want to let it sit before serving, if I made it ahead of time?
Thanks :)
Hannah

Lisa Turner said...

I found it was quite good right from the freezer, but you could leave it out for a bit before serving, though it might be a bit gooey.

Johanna GGG said...

looks dark and intense and inviting - so glad you enjoyed it - so great to have a stash in the freezer - I ate it straight from the freezer and found it soft enough albeit cold

Vaishali Sharma said...

Looks delicious!

Usha said...

That is one tempting fudge, looks perfect !

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

This sounds so good and it is almost healthy too. I know we often say we are bookmatking a recipe but I have!

KALVA said...

loce chocolate...in any form!

Unknown said...

Decadently delicious, Lisa- must give this one a shot!

priya

Laurie said...

I made this during the week. It was delicious! Thanks for sharing!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

There's nothing more to be said except I am in!!!

Leslie said...

I had a hankering for this fudge today, so I'm glad to find the post is still on the web! Hope you are well, friend. Leslie in Alberta.