Sun-Dried Tomato Dressing

Sun-Dried Tomato Dressing

As promised, here is a recipe I prepared with the most delicious homemade marinated sun-dried tomatoes that I have ever tasted. I adapted it from a vinaigrette recipe that I found in Once Upon a Tart by Frank Mentesana and Jerome Audureau. If I ever get a chance to visit New York, I will for sure seek out their café. In the meantime, I can enjoy their informative and colorful book filled with lots of ideas for tarts, soups, sandwiches, salads, condiments, quick breads and cookies. So many helpful hints and amusing musings are included in this volume! Yet another treasured cookbook to add to the growing stack.

My version of their vinaigrette uses a lot more sun-dried tomatoes than the original recipe called for and actually resembled a sauce, rather than a vinaigrette, but turned out to be a wonderful accompaniment to a bean and vegetable salad that I will be sharing soon. My take on the recipe is that it would also make a delightful pasta sauce combined with some fresh herbs and nuts.

Sun-Dried Tomato Dressing Sun-Dried Tomato Dressing
Recipe by
Adapted from Once Upon a Tart: Soups, Salads, Muffins, and More
Published on June 16, 2010

A simple and extraordinary sun-dried tomato dressing that will liven up any salad, but that is thick and robust enough that it could be used as a pasta sauce

Print this recipePrint this recipe

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup marinated sun-dried tomatoes
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
  • fresh cracked black pepper to taste
  • 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/3 cup olive oil
Instructions:
  • Combine the sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, balsamic vinegar, salt, black pepper and Parmesan cheese in a food processor and purée until blended. Drizzle in the olive oil while the machine continues to process.

Makes about 1 1/2 cups
Other sauces and dressings from Lisa's Vegetarian Kitchen you may enjoy:
Mushroom Marinara Sauce
Spicy Sun-Dried Tomato Paste
Gingered Tomato Sauce
Ranch Dressing

Audio Accompaniment: Birds and rain

On the top of the Reading stack: Hitch-22: Some Confessions and Contradictions by Christopher Hitchens

9 comments:

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

With our slow start to Spring garden tomatoes will be a while yet, so sun-dried tomatoes are the perfect choice for that burst of flavour.

A_and_N said...

I'd love to have some pasta with it! :)

Unknown said...

Sounds simply superb. I love sun dried tomatoes a lot and that too marinated. so... mm..mm... mmm :)

Parita said...

Tasty and delicious!! Bookmarked as i love sundried tomatoes!

Jacqueline Meldrum said...

That could be delightful on pasta Lisa :)

AJ said...

I adore sun-dried tomatoes!! They are great forsnacking too!!

H. Kids said...

Sun dried tomato dressing is going to be favorite of all my favorite members as I am going to make according to this recipe.

Mansi said...

That looks beautiful Lisa! one of my fav pasta sauces:)

I'm hosting Presto Pasta Nights on my blog and it'd be great if you could participate!:)

eatme_delicious said...

This sounds like it would be really yummy and flavourful!