My Legume Love Affair #96 - June Edition 2016


I'm excited to host My Legume Love Affair this month. As many of my readers will know, this is a long running event focusing on the goodness of legumes, started by lovely Susan of The Well Seasoned Cook and now administered by me of Lisa's Kitchen. Each month we have a different host but it's my turn now for the month of June. We are at edition #96 this month. I look forward to more legume recipes as legumes are an important and plentiful source of protein, especially if you are a vegetarian or vegan.

It is easy to participate. All you need to do is prepare a legume-centric dish. Link back to this announcement, my blog and also Susan's blog, as she is the original founder of the event. Share your creation using the linky tool at the end of this post by the end of the month. Use of the lovely logo, designed by Susan, is optional, but appreciated.

Only one entry per blogger please and it must be vegetarian. Recipes from archives will only be accepted if reposted and updated with the links required.

For your dish to be included in the roundup, it must contain more than just a few tablespoons of legumes. The slight exception to this are legumes such as fenugreek or tamarind that typically are used in smaller quantities. Fresh or dried beans, lentils, pulses, and the sometimes edible pods that contain these seeds, and derivative products such as tofu or besan, along with fenugreek, carob, and peanuts are all acceptable. The possibilities are endless. Please just ensure that your shining ingredient is in fact a member of the legume family. All types of cuisines and courses are welcome, meaning appetizers, sides, mains and desserts are all acceptable so long as the mighty legume is the key ingredient.

Thanks in advance for your participation and inspiration. I am looking for guest hosts for 2016. Send me an email at legume.lisa AT gmail DOT com or leave a comment on this post if you would like to host. I still have a few spots left for this year.



No comments: