My Legume Love Affair #88 - October 2015

My Legume Love Affair #88

I'm pleased once again to be hosting My Legume Love Affair, a long running event celebrating all of the goodness of legumes. We are at edition #88 and I hope fellow bloggers will submit a recipe this month. This event was started by my dear and loving friend Susan of The Well Seasoned Cook and eventually passed along to me to administer. A special thank you to those who have hosted and contributed their creativity and talent over the years.

Legumes are an important source of protein, especially for those following vegetarian or vegan diets. In my kitchen, it is rare a day goes by without legumes playing an important role.

To share in the legume love affair, all you need to do is:

Prepare a legume-centric dish. Link back to this announcement, my blog and also Susan's blog, as she is the original founder of the event. Share your creation using the linky tool at the end of this post by the end of the month. Use of the lovely logo, designed by Susan, is optional, but appreciated.

I own and operate a vegetarian blog, so only vegetarian recipes will be accepted. That includes recipes free of meat, fowl and seafood. Please only one submission per month, per blogger. Recipes from your archives will be accepted if reposted and updated.

For your dish to be included in the roundup, it must contain more than just a few tablespoons of legumes. The slight exception to this are legumes such as fenugreek or tamarind that typically are used in smaller quantities. Fresh or dried beans, lentils, pulses, and the sometimes edible pods that contain these seeds, and derivative products such as tofu or besan, along with fenugreek, carob, and peanuts are all acceptable. The possibilities are endless. Please just ensure that your shining ingredient is in fact a member of the legume family. All types of cuisines and courses are welcome, meaning appetizers, sides, mains and desserts are all acceptable so long as the mighty legume is the key ingredient.

Thanks in advance for your participation and inspiration. I am looking for guest hosts for 2016. Send me an email at legume.lisa AT gmail DOT com or leave a comment on this post if you would like to host.



1 comment:

Herbs Spices and Tradition said...

Thanks for hosting this lovely event. I have linked Chickpeas flour roll.