No-Bake Coconut Oil Fudge

coconut oil fudge

I know that when most of us think of fudge, we don't think of it as necessarily being the most healthy treat, but in this case I assure you that it is. Just the goodness of coconut oil, coconut milk, raw honey, unsweetened cocoa and some vanilla with a dash of almond extract.

I've been looking for a way to incorporate more coconut oil into my diet other than just cooking with it and this recipe is key here. Just a few nibbles throughout the day and I'm getting a decent dose of this wonderful oil that has a multitude of health benefits. For a while, I tried putting some on my toast with some jam, but that just didn't do it for me. This is much tastier.

I was going to incorporate some peanut butter into this fudge for a protein boost, but decided against it because I wanted to taste it with just a few heaps of cocoa and some flavoring. I'm glad I did and I suspect that I will be exploring the possibilities in the near future. Visions of mint dance in my head and maybe even dried fruit for a chunkier version.

If you are working with colder ingredients including the coconut oil or honey, you will have to work with them more to get a smooth consistency.

No-Bake Coconut Oil FudgeNo-Bake Coconut Oil Fudge
Recipe by
Published on November 22, 2013

Simple and healthy no-bake cocoa fudge with coconut oil and raw honey, like fudgey bites of chocolate ice cream

Preparation: 15 minutes

Print this recipePrint this recipe

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup extra virgin coconut oil
  • 1/4 cup coconut milk
  • 1/4 to 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/4 cup raw honey or other liquid sweetener
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
  • pinch of sea salt
Instructions:
  • Line a standard 9 or 10 inch loaf pan with waxed paper or parchment paper, leaving a bit of overlap on the sides of the pan. Set aside.

  • In a large bowl, combine the coconut oil and milk. Using an electric hand blender or stand mixer, beat on high speed until the mixture is creamy and smooth — about 5 to 7 minutes.

  • Add the cocoa, honey, vanilla, almond extract and salt, and beat until everything is incorporated and smooth.

  • Transfer the mixture to the prepared loaf pan and smooth out with a spatula. Place in the freezer for about 30 minutes, until just set.

  • Lift the fudge out of the pan using the lining paper and turn out onto a cutting board. Discard the paper and use a sharp knife to cut into small 1/2- to 1-inch pieces. These will keep just fine in the freezer for a few months, though it is doubtful they will last that long.

Makes 25 to 30 pieces

coconut oil cocoa fudge

More healthy indulgences you are sure to enjoy from Lisa's Kitchen:
Cherry Nut Bars
Chia Seed Pudding
Chocolate Cocoa Brownies with Dried Cranberries and Chickpea Flour
Cocoa Fruit Treats

What's with sharing my current on the top of the reading stack and audio accompaniment, some may ask? Well, I'm a private soul and this is simply a glimpse into other mechanisms at play in addition to the food.

On the top of the reading stack: sorting through the piles and checking out the newest Food and Drink Magazine

Audio Accompaniment: Tom Opdahl - Black Smoker

7 comments:

Swathi said...

Delicious Lisa, I recently made brownie with yougrut, Love it. Smell of coconut oil is wonderful isn't really intoxicating to me.

Joanne said...

It's rare to stumble across sweet treats that are good and actually good for you! loving these!

Unknown said...

No bake? That's music to my ears! They look great too x

janet @ the taste space said...

Nice! This reminds me of my chocolate protein bark. Isn't it great when recipes are so easy such as this? :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for linking-up to 5-Ingredient Mondays! I'm definitely going to keep this recipe on hand for the upcoming holiday season! I'm featuring your recipe this week :) Hope to see you back soon!

Anonymous said...

Is the coconut milk can or cold case section?

Lisa Turner said...

I used canned coconut milk for this recipe.