Sun-Dried Tomato Vinaigrette

Sun-Dried Tomato Vinaigrette

The theme for No Croutons Required this month is dressings. Wednesday is the deadline for entries, so there are still a few more days left to get your entries in. As salads are a staple item on most dinner tables, the more recipes on hand for homemade dressing the better.

Sun-Dried Tomato Vinaigrette

For my contribution this month, I settled on a zesty sun-dried tomato vinaigrette. Homemade salad dressings are a snap to whip up, and add a terrific boost of flavor for ordinary garden salads when you use quality ingredients. And sun-dried tomatoes add even more of a flavor kick! For the salad base, I tossed together some leafy greens, sliced red pepper, pitted olives, chopped tomatoes from my garden, and a few chopped cremini mushrooms. I sprinkled each serving with some chunks of feta cheese and drizzled on the vinaigrette. Yum1


Sun-Dried Tomato VinaigretteSun-Dried Tomato Vinaigrette
Recipe by
Published on August 18, 2008

Easy, vibrant and tasty sun-dried tomato dressing — a snap to whip up and an incredible flavor-booster for garden salads

Print this recipePrint this recipe

Ingredients:
  • 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes
  • 2 to 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
  • pinch of sea salt
  • 1/3 cup olive oil
Instructions:
  • Soak the sun-dried tomatoes in 1 cup of hot water for 20 minutes. Drain and reserve 1/2 cup of the soaking water.

  • Chop the tomatoes finely and transfer to a small bowl. Add the reserved soaking water, balsamic vinegar, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper and olive oil. Whisk vigorously, until well combined.

Makes about 1 1/2 cups

Sun-Dried Tomato Vinaigrette

8 comments:

Thistlemoon said...

YES! I love this Lisa! I just adore sun dried tomato dressings!

Lucy said...

And toms from your own garden - woo-hoo!

Will try to get act together in time. It's just so damn cold around here right now.

jasmine said...

I love sun dried tomatoes served in any way--in pastas, vinaigrettes, pesto-like concoctions...I'll even eat them like potato chips...

Your dressing looks so delicious...

j

Meeta K. Wolff said...

oh yummy! A great dressing - I have often added sun-dried tomatoes in a salad but I do not think I have ever made a dressing from it! Perfect idea!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

This dressing is just packed with flavour Lisa:D Can't wait to see the lineup:S

Beth (jamandcream) said...

I love it! Sun dried tommys are my favourite!

test it comm said...

Sundried tomato vinaigrette is one of my favorites and that salad looks good!

Jacqueline Meldrum said...

Oh yum, that looks good! Puffing up the tomatoes is a good idea, I usually use them straight from the jar.