Blueberry Balsamic Vinaigrette

Blueberry Balsamic Vinaigrette

I've enjoyed blueberry pancakes on many occasions, but the idea of blueberries with vegetables for dinner is a culinary possibility that I've recently only begun to explore. Not too long ago, I made red cabbage with mushrooms and blueberries. The sweet blueberries complimented the earthy flavor of the cabbage to perfection. Yes, this idea works for me.

Fresh blueberries in a simple flavorful balsamic vinaigrette over mixed greens proved to be the ideal accompaniment to my Friday menu of cheese and herb fritters with tomato and balsamic jam and honey lemon seed poppy cake for dessert.

Blueberry Balsamic Vinaigrette

Blueberry Balsamic VinaigretteBlueberry Balsamic Vinaigrette
Recipe by
Published on March 31, 2008

Simple balsamic vinaigrette bursting with fresh blueberry flavor — easy to make and wonderful drizzled over mixed greens

Print this recipePrint this recipe

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 2 to 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, to taste
Instructions:
  • Blend the blueberries in a blender or food processor. Transfer to a bowl and whisk in the olive oil and 2 tablespoons of the balsamic vinegar. Taste and add more balsamic vinegar if desired.

  • Drizzle over mixed greens such as pinach, radicchio, chard, arugula or beet greens.

Makes 1 cup

Blueberry Balsamic Vinaigrette

8 comments:

Alicia said...

This looks absolutely AMAZING! and I can't believe how easy it is! I'll go buy some blueberries next weekend.

Peter M said...

Holy smokes that is so easy and a must try!

test it comm said...

That blueberry vinaigrette sounds really tasty!

Kalyn Denny said...

Sounds delicious; I love the sound of blueberries in vinaigrette. And so full of antioxidants too!

TBC said...

I use balsamic vinegar all the time. I have got to try adding blueberries to it. It sounds so good!

Johanna GGG said...

this looks so simple and elegant - I must try it sometime!

eatme_delicious said...

Ooo wow great use of blueberries. I must try this.

Laurie Constantino said...

Yes, Lisa, this looks wonderful. I'm like you that my eyes were opened to the savory possibilities for blueberries by that cabbage recipe. And on the vinaigrette, my mom sent me some "blueberry balsamic vinegar" (no kidding) for Christmas, so I'm definitely going to bump it up with your idea for actually adding blueberries. yum.