Food, Food, Glorious Food
I've been tagged by Holler of Tinned Tomatoes to come up with 7 random "foodie" facts about myself. I've become quite fond of my Scottish friend, so I'll play along.
1. I've since mellowed, but I have been known to throw dough across the room when dissatisfied with the result.
2. Relatedly, I'm pretty sure I remember throwing some phyllo pastry (my old friend Basil could verify this) and I am certain I was angry with the whole experience. I've yet to get over my fear of phyllo pastry, though my first and last attempt worked out well if one factors out the anger and I love phyllo pastry creations besides.
3. Herbs and vegetables I started growing in pots in the backyard on Monday: Snow peas, jalapeno peppers, tomatoes, parsley, chives, lemon grass, mint, bay leaves, dill, coriander.
4. When I was a kid, I did eat meat, but I preferred beef and bacon, especially because they didn't contain bones. If served chicken from a bucket, I would consume that first, dispose of the bones, and then finish my dinner. Mind you, I used to poke at the thawing ground beef marinating in blood in disgust.
5. I once told by my mother that I would never, ever, clean out a turkey or chicken, as I watched her doing several times in disgust, though I would later consume the cooked carcass. My mom assured me that one day I would prepare a chicken for consumption, though I have proved her wrong.
6. Bacon was the last meat that I enjoyed before becoming a vegetarian.
7. The spicier, the better, and everything tastes better with red wine.